In light of this month’s theme, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite quotes about self-confidence. I know first hand how rewarding it is to receive positive reinforcement, and many times, I look for it in inspirational quotes like the ones I have outlined below.
If you have times when your confidence is low, please know you’re not alone. Of course, we all need some simple reminders of this truth. We need something or someone to derail us from this negative thinking so we can retrain our brains to accept the positive truth about our potential for greatness.
So, to remind you that who you already are is pretty incredible, and to inspire you to become even more awesome — here are some of my favorite quotes about self-confidence.
1. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
2. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
3. “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.”
― Roopleen, Words to inspire the winner in YOU
4. “Fear? What has a man to do with fear? Chance rules our lives, and the future is all unknown. Best live as we may, from day to day.”
― Sophocles, Oedipus Rex
5. “You are magnificent beyond measure, perfect in your imperfections, and wonderfully made.”
― Abiola Abrams, The Sacred Bombshell Handbook of Self-Love
6. “Trust your eyes, Trust your tummy, Trust yourself. That’s how you know who to listen to.”
― Land Before Time
7. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?”
8. “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered — just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.”
9. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
―Dr. Benjamin Spock
10. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”
―Vincent Van Gogh
For more information on boosting your self-confidence, or if you’d like to book a 2-hour complimentary coaching session with me, please email me at email@example.com.
I also invite you to check out my book ‘Weighing Love,’ which was written with the intention to help anyone who is dealing with eating disorders/disordered eating, self-esteem issues, body image issues, and negative thoughts, or for anyone who is trying to reach touch with their authentic self.