Don’t just Deodorize… Revitalize!
Why you should use Aromatherapy around your home
Aromatherapy is a beautiful blend of both art and science, using pure essential oils extracted from plants in order to heal the mind, body & soul. It combines the medicinal properties of each individual essential oil with artistic fusion in order to create a subtle energetic balance.
Aromatherapy is a wonderful tool for around the house because:
• It creates healing energy for any room.
• You can choose whatever essential oil you feel the need for depending on your mood (for example; relaxation, uplifting, energizing, calming).
• It deodorizes as well as cleans the air.
• You are getting the medicinal benefits of herbs through inhalation…without even realizing it!
I have always been a passionate user of aromatherapy around our home, both for the medicinal effects and the lovely scent. Normally I make my own mist bottles with different essential oils depending on the energy we want to create in each room (or buy a pre-made mist from the local natural wellness store). However, recently we purchased a machine called an ultrasonic nebulizer, which is an essential oil diffuser that also helps to deodorize, purify the air and remove allergens. It is a wonderful alternative to chemical-filled air fresheners and it’s very easy to use, running for hours on its own. With either method, essential oils are incredibly safe and effective when it comes to setting the atmosphere of your home.
Here are some of my favourite essential oils:
• Lavender & Chamomile: Think nervous system. The ever popular calming & relaxing herbs that will put you at ease after even the most stressful day.
• Sweet orange: Think “liquid sunshine” (which is currently taking over our living room). Warming, uplifting & energizing.
• Eucalyptus: Think respiratory system. Invigorating, oxygenating & decongesting (especially if you feel like you are coming down with a cold).
• Jasmine, Ylang ylang & Vanilla: Think aphrodisiac. These scents are great for creating an inviting ambience in the bedroom.
I encourage you to make your home a space of healing and balance. After all, it’s your own personal sanctuary. 🙂
*Do not consume or place essential oils directly on your skin before consulting a Naturopathic Physician.
In health and happiness,